Monday, March 30, 2009

Pokerface



This is my pokerface.
I put it on everyday,
To hide emotion, to conceal any trace.
When i'm hurt, when i'm sad,
When i'm happy or mad.
If I feel it will stream out too much,
As if it's a natural disaster I can't control,
Rather than the preachings of my very soul.

My eyes get all dazed,
When I want to be someone else,
And I'll get distant and phased.
Like a volcano, envy and sadness will flow,
Sadly, my true thoughts it will show,
I'll become a spewing mound of truth and despair,
Erupting strong and slowly dispersing,
Engulfing every by stander with my cursing.

Sometimes I like to keep it quiet,
When I get too happy or hopeful,
I avoid the starting of a riot.
But then it pops open to avoid imploding,
Like champagne, uncorked and exploding
Then fizzing up, right over the top,
My excitement never can just sit,
Though I'd rather keep it private.

But with my pokerface,
I can filter my expressions
It's my idea of grace,
It can stop the volcano's eruptions,
Mute all of it's corruptions,
'Cuz sometimes they need to hide,
Like all my excited joyous notions,
In my corked bursting bottle of emotions.

When I need to focus,
I try to dispatch my thoughts,
But flash floods of feelings own us,
Emotions power is universal,
Controlling us in one big rehearsal,
Drowning all with random thoughts,
Feelings that overcome and pour out,
Maybe in happiness, or in times of doubt.

Feelings are personal,
Keep them close and contained,
Emotions aren't merciful.
They will show it all,
With no cushion for when you fall,
Don't bottle them up, just keep them reserved,
For expressing there's a time and place,
but for now, go put on your pokerface.

No comments: